If you are experiencing difficulties in accessing your home because of a step or steep access, an Occupational Therapist (OT) may be able to assist you.  They will undertake an assessment of what is needed to help you and may offer either a temporary ramp or a permanent ramp.  They will also look at other aids such as handrails or changes to the stair tread.  Please note that East Lothian Council will only consider ramps for wheelchair users.

If it is agreed that you will need a permanent ramp, this will be eligible for grant assistance.  Care & Repair can help you to organise the work and assist with applying to East Lothian Council for a grant and, if appropriate, identify other possible charitable funding.

To arrange an OT assessment please contact East Lothian Council's Adult Social Care Department on 01875 824309 or email them on


Easy Fundraising

Help us to raise more funds for East Lothian Care & Repair Charitable Trust through
Find out more.

Find us on Facebook

Scottish Housing Quality Mark

Contact Us