Back to News

Be Safe At Home

Published: 11/04/2017

FREE Carbon Monoxide Detector

If you would like a Carbon Monoxide Alarm/Detector fitted free of charge please call us on 01620 828445.  You will also receive information about what action to take if the alarm sounds and what the various chirps mean.  There is another very detailed leaflet which comes with the unit.

What is Carbon Monoxide?

Carbon Monoxide (CO) is a highly poisonous gas which has no smell, no taste and no colour.  It can be produced when any fossil fuel such as coal, wood or natural gas does not burn correctly and excess CO is produced which is poisonous.  Because you can’t see it, taste it or smell it, it is highly dangerous and in certain conditions can kill quickly and without warning.

For further information see the carbon monoxide safety page.

 

 

Easy Fundraising

Help us to raise more funds for East Lothian Care & Repair Charitable Trust through easyfundraising.org.uk.
Find out more.

Find us on Facebook

Scottish Housing Quality Mark

Contact Us