GDPR Fair Processing Notice
How we use your personal information
This notice explains what information we collect, when we collect it and how we use this. During the course of our activities we will process personal data (which may be held on paper, electronically, or otherwise) about you and we recognise the need to treat it in an appropriate and lawful manner. The purpose of this notice is to make you aware of how we will handle your information.
Who we are
Care & Repair are part of East Lothian Housing Association which is a Scottish Charity (Scottish Charity Number SC028900), a registered society under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014 with Registered Number 2266R(S) and having their Registered Office at 18-20 Market Street, Haddington, EH41 3JL . (“We” or “us”) take the issue of security and data protection very seriously and strictly adhere to guidelines published in the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 which is applicable from the 25th May 2018, together with any domestic laws subsequently enacted.
East Lothian Housing Association are notified as a Data Controller with the Office of the Information Commissioner under registration number Z6072420 and we are the data controller of any personal data that you provide to us.
Our Data Protection Officer is Jackie Robinson, Service Manager, R3 Repairs Limited.
Any questions relating to this notice and our privacy practices should be sent to the Compliance Group.
How we collect information from you and what information we collect
We collect information about you:
- When you call us to request the use of our small repairs service
- When you ask us for advice and information (such as a plumber, builder, support organisations)
- When you self-referral for our adaptations and repairs service
- Where you are referred from East Lothian Council, the hospital, a carer, a friend / family member or any other organisation for use of our services.
We collect the following information about you:
- Telephone number
- Date of birth
- Emergency Contact Details
- E-mail address
- Next of Kin, Power of Attorney and family members contact details
- Information about your health and that of affected family members
- Financial details (for adaptations and charitable funding applications)
- Previous employment (for charitable funding applications)
- Title deeds (for adaptations)
- Income and welfare benefits information, if required
- Housing tenure and property details
We receive the following information from third parties:
- Referral letters from support organisations
- Health Report such as OT recommendation reports
- GP Letters
- Grant approval letter with grant award amounts
Why we need this information about you and how it will be used
We need your information and will use your information:
- To undertake and perform our obligations and duties to you in accordance with our service level agreement with East Lothian Council
- To enable us to supply you with the services and information which you have requested
- To enable us to respond to your small repair request
- To enable to deal with adaptations of your property and aid you in your grant application
- To analyse the information we collect so that we can administer, support and improve and develop our business and the services we offer
- For all other purposes consistent with the proper performance of our operations and business
- For reporting and analytical purposes for ourselves, East Lothian Council and Care & Repair Scotland in line with our service level agreement
Sharing of Your Information
The information you provide to us will be treated by us as confidential and will be processed only by our employees within the UK/EEA. We may disclose your information to other third parties who act for us for the purposes set out in this notice or for purposes approved by you, including the following:
- If we enter into a joint venture with or merge with another business entity, your information may be disclosed to our new business partners or owners
- If we instruct adaptation work, your information may be disclosed to any contractor, architect or other agency or contractor involved in the work
- In order to apply for grant, your information will be disclosed to East Lothian Council
- When assisting with a privately funded adaptation or repair, data will be shared with contractors, architects etc.
- Supplying your information to support organisations that you have asked us to contact (such as BeGreen, Changeworks etc.)
Unless required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
Transfers outside the UK and Europe
Your information will only be stored within the UK and EEA.
In the very unlikely event where information is transferred outside the UK or EEA we ensure that there are adequate safeguards in place to protect your information in accordance with this notice.
How long we will keep your information
We review our data retention periods regularly and will only hold your personal data for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as required by law (we may be legally required to hold some types of information), or as set out in any relevant contract we have with you.
We will generally keep your information for the following minimum periods:
- Adaptation information will be kept for a period of 10 years, as required by the conditions of the grant award, due to the Title Deed conditions applied
- Small Repairs Service information will be kept for a period of 5 years as part of the Service Level Agreement with East Lothian Council
The full retention schedule can be obtained for our offices at 18-20 Market Street, Haddington, EH41 3JL
You have the right at any time to:
- Ask for a copy of the information about you held by us in our records require us to correct any inaccuracies in your information
- Make a request to us to delete what personal data of yours we hold
- Object to receiving any marketing communications from us
If you would like to exercise any of your rights above please contact us at 18-20 Market Street, Haddington, EH41 3JL
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office in relation to our use of your information. The Information Commissioner’s contact details are noted below:
The Information Commissioner’s Office – Scotland
45 Melville Street, Edinburgh, EH3 7HL
Telephone: 0131 244 9001
The accuracy of your information is important to us - please help us keep our records updated by informing us of any changes to your email address and other contact details.